info-gnu

New stable release: GNU Solfege 3.20.1

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: New stable release: GNU Solfege 3.20.1
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 21:32:02 +0200

==================
GNU Solfege 3.20.1
==================
Solfege is free music education software. Use it to train your rhythm,
interval, scale and chord skills. It is free software and runs on
GNU/Linux, MS Windows 2000 and newer, Max OS X with some effort,
and possibly other operating systems with the required tools. It should
run wherever you can run Python 2.5, Gtk+ 2.12, PyGtk 2.12.

Web: http://www.solfege.org
Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/solfege/files/
Mirror: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/solfege
Zeroinstall: http://www.solfege.org/zeroinstall/solfege.xml
Bug tracker: http://bugs.solfege.org

* automate 0install binary tarball creating and script to update solfege.xml
* Bugfix to generate_lessonfiles.py: Believe it or not, but we defined
minor second as 16/12 and not 16/15.
* Search bar: decode the strings we get from the gtk.Entry into unicode.
* Always let the staff lines be as wide as the MusicDisplayer
* Add "Lock to key" feature. This is an experimental feature. Actual
GUI solution may improve later.
* polish folk songs: Fix singlequoted strings that where written as
multiline strings.
  It works, but it does not mean you should do it. Use triple-quoted
strings for multiline strings.
* simplify and rename to get a more precise name:
`mpdutils.int_to_notename` -> `int_to_octave_notename`,
`mpdutils.int_to_user_notename` -> `int_to_user_octave_notename` and
simplified `mpdutils.notename_to_int`
* String fixes:
  * Python should be capitalized
  * Fix bad english thanks to Ruslan Fedyarov
  * Mark one more string for translation
* the test target will check for bad spellings for "user manual":
"users manual" and "user's manual"
* Updated Russian, French, Dutch and Polish translations
* configwindow: handle soundcard.alsa_sequencer.get_connection_list()
returning an empty list. I think this fixes `bug #234
<http://bugs.solfege.org/234>`_
* set branch to 3.20 in configure.ac
* Removing things from the test: target of Makefile.in since
tools/make-release.py will do more
* docbook xml markup bug fixes to help/fr and help/pl
* autogen.sh: remove old gandiserver exception

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden>                 http://www.solfege.org/
GNU Solfege - free ear training    http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/