[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Denemo 0.8.18 Release
Denemo 0.8.18 Release
Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:45:37 +0100
Denemo version 0.8.18 has been released.
Denemo is a program for inputting music notation. http://www.denemo.org
The music being entered is displayed and can be printed via LilyPond or
played via internal synthesizer.
New features in this version:
* Default behavior is now non-modal
* an easy to understand and very slick interface via
* seamless integration with MIDI controllers
* Maximize the space for the score (with/without user's choice of
* Standard View - window size, zoom, number of systems etc
* No-Menu version of this view
* Page View - user chooses a window size, zoom and number
of systems, which is stored with the movement for
* Single keyboard shortcut for toggling between these
views (Esc by default).
* Musical Snippets - store musical riffs/motifs to be pasted at
will or as rhythmic templates for playing over.
* MIDI transport work for JACK users.
* Bug fixes:
* Fix Chord Symbols for music starting with triplets,
grace notes etc.
* Fix display of dotted rests
* Arbitrary Tuplets built in: correct MIDI output as well as
engraving, of course.
* Diatonic Transposition: Shift notes and chords up and down
respecting the current key signature.
* Support for figured bass extenders, including those with no
* Better Paste command.
* Cursor can be highlighted, making it easier to locate
* Page turning is animated: as the last line starts to play, the
page visibly turns at the top.
* Purely rhythmic notes playback using percussion - click tracks
more easily generated.
* Separate shortcut loading command
* Split Notes and Chords to smaller notes while preserving the
original duration (make a quarter note two 8th or tuplet of 8th
* Duplicate a Note or Chord as command
* Command line interface for interactive scheme use
* Support for the "French" clef (G on bottom line)
Known Issues for this version:
Here are the compressed sources (from a mirror) :
If automatic redirection fails, the list of mirrors is at:
Or if need be you can use the main GNU ftp server:
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Denemo 0.8.18 Release,
Richard Shann <=