[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GNU PSPP 0.6.2 released
GNU PSPP 0.6.2 released
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:07:21 -0700
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1 (gnu/linux)
GNU PSPP 0.6.2 is now available. Version 0.6.2 is a bug-fix
release for the PSPP 0.6 branch.
PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data.
Here are the compressed sources:
Here are the GPG detached signatures[*]:
Here are the MD5 and SHA1 checksums:
[*] You can use either of the above signature files to verify that
the corresponding file (without the .sig suffix) is intact. First,
be sure to download both the .sig file and the corresponding tarball.
Then, run a command like this:
gpg --verify pspp-0.6.2.tar.gz.sig
If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys C6648E90
and rerun the `gpg --verify' command.
This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
Changes from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2:
* New translations:
- Dutch, thanks to Harry Thijssen.
- Brazilian Portuguese, thanks to Michel Boaventura.
Thanks for translations are also due to the coordinators at
* Statistical bug fixes:
- REGRESSION: Report correct standard error of the estimate (bug
- T-TEST: Report correct significance of paired sample T-test in
the common case (bug #26936) and corner cases. Thanks to Mike
Griffiths and Matej Cepl for reporting these bugs.
* Build fixes and changes:
- Fix build with GTK+ 2.17.4 and later.
- Make running "make" after running "configure" with different
settings reliably rebuild version.c.
- Cygwin and MinGW build fixes.
- Fixes for building with recent gnulib.
- The Makefile now honors two new variables, PSPP_LDFLAGS and
PSPPIRE_LDFLAGS, that affect linking of the PSPP and PSPPIRE
binaries, respectively. This makes building easier for some
- Fixes for "configure --enable-relocatable" (bug #25508).
* Data file bug fixes and changes:
- Fix reading text data files that contain a mix of white space
and commas. Now "a ,b" is treated as two fields containing "a"
and "b"; previously it was treated as three, with an empty field
in the middle.
- Fix writing corrupted .sav files on Windows.
- Fix writing variable labels longer than 252 bytes to save files.
Thanks to Robert Westlund for reporting this bug.
- Fix writing corrupted .por files (bug #26034).
- Fix reading .por files whose initial lines are not padded out
with spaces as expected.
- PSPP will no longer issue warnings about some .sav file records
or values that it does not understand. These warnings were
harmless, but needlessly alarmed some users.
- Fix crash reading empty string fields from PostgreSQL databases.
* Bug fixes that affect PSPP and PSPPIRE:
- Users may now control precision of output statistics. Instead
of hard coding the width and decimals of output numbers, respect
the default format in most instances. Counts are now normally
displayed with the format of the weight variable, if any.
- Fix crash when an INSERT command specifies the name of a file
that does not exist (bug #24569).
- Fix crash when CROSSTABS specifies a long-string variable (bugs
#24557 and #26131).
- Fix crash drawing pie charts with many segments.
- Fix crash when NUMERIC specifies an invalid format.
* PSPPIRE bug fixes and changes:
- On Windows, write the output file to the user's home directory
instead of the current directory, to better match user
- Some data editor fixes.
- Fix typo in BINOMIAL section of user manual (bug #25892).
Description: PGP signature
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- GNU PSPP 0.6.2 released,
Ben Pfaff <=