info-gnu

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.19

From: David Neary
Subject: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.19
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:59:28 +0200

Hi all,

The next release in the development series of the GIMP, version
1.3.19, is now available for download from

  ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v1.3/v1.3.19/

or from one of the mirrors listed at http://gimp.org/download.html

We think this is good enough for daily use. We are now very close
to a 2.0 prerelease, so we particularly appreciate testing
efforts. New bugs can be reported to us at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/

We at the GIMP would like to take this opportunity to  thank all
our sponsors for GIMPCon, which completed a couple of weeks ago.
Special thanks go to the Free Software Foundation
(http://fsf.org), who funded the majority of the costs incurred
for the event. Thanks are also due to our other sponsors,
O'Reilly and Associates, Germany (http://oreilly.de), MacGimp
(http://macgimp.org) and FlamingText (http://ftgimp.com).

Overview of Changes in GIMP 1.3.19
==================================
- Migration towards new gimp-help system [Mitch]
- Deletion of anchor points on a path [Simon]
- Path stroke moving [Simon]
- Path stroke splitting by deleting an edge (Ctrl-click while in
  Delete mode) [Simon]
- Drag path edges modifies curve [Simon]
- DInsertion of points on path edges [Simon]
- Joining two stroke paths is possible (Shift-Ctrl-Alt-Click on
  the second end-point) [Simon]
- Polygonal paths [Simon]
- Improved new composite functions and enabled them by default [Helvetix]
- UTF-8 validate all strings coming in from the PDB [Yosh, Mitch]
- Paint-core improvements and bug-fixes [Jay Cox]
- Added more mnemonics [Brix]
- Lots of bug fixes

Other contributors:
  Adam D. Moss, Tor Lillqvist, Jakub Steiner, Alan Horkan,
  Avi Bercovich, S. Mukund, Maurits Rijk, Guillermo S. Romero,
  Seth Burgess, Wolfgang Hofer, Ville Pätsi, Sven Neumann

Happy GIMPing,
Dave.