info-gnu

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.14

From: Sven Neumann
Subject: ANNOUNCE: GIMP 1.3.14
Date: 14 Apr 2003 23:20:12 +0200

Hi GIMPers,

our latest release had some issues and we considered to do a quick
bug-fix release but I think it was worth to wait a little longer for
GIMP-1.3.14. Grab your copy from

 ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v1.3/v1.3.14/

Quite a few rather long-standing bugs have been fixed (thanks to the
help of Pedro Gimeno) and GIMP-1.3 is actually becoming quite useable
these days. Here's a short summary of changes. For a more complete
coverage, please consult the ChangeLog:

Overview of Changes in GIMP 1.3.14
==================================

- Better resampling for the transform tools [OEyvind Kolaas]
- Added MNG save plug-in [S. Mukund]
- Added framework for image templates [Mitch]
- Vector tool improvements [Simon]
- Improved look and feel if layer previews are disabled [Mitch, Sven, Jimmac]
- Keyboard navigation for grid views [Sven]
- List and grid views for fonts [Mitch, Sven]
- Some text tool improvements [Sven]
- More icons in even more sizes [Jimmac, Mitch, Sven]
- I18n header cleanup [Sven]
- Lots of bug fixes

Other contributors:
  Manish Singh, Pedro Gimeno, Owen, Raphael Quinet

Please give this release lots of testing and if you find bugs, report
them at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/.

Salut, Sven