info-gnu

GNU Solfege 1.0.0

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: GNU Solfege 1.0.0
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 22:37:33 +0200

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I have released version
1.0.0 of GNU Solfege.

Solfege is an eartraining program that can help people studying music
do their eartraining homework. With the program you can practise to
recognise harmonic and melodic intervalls, chords and scales, and you
can do rhythmic and melodic dictation. Some of the exercises are based
on simple data files that you can create in your favourite text editor
to extend the program.

The program is written in Python 1.5.2 and can be built as a GNOME
application, or just using the gtk+ libraries, so it should work on
most OSes.

URLs:
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/solfege
http://www.solfege.org