info-gnu

Deluxe Distributions

From: Brian Youmans
Subject: Deluxe Distributions
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:12:52 -0500

The Free Software Foundation offers a service called the Deluxe
Distribution.  For five thousand dollars, we compile all the GNU
software for your choice of computing platform.  Then we send you the
binaries together with the sources.  The Deluxe Distribution also
includes all our CD-ROMs, our printed manuals and reference cards, and
six GNU T-shirts (your choice of available sizes and colors).

If your office uses GNU software, and you feel it is appropriate for
the office to help support the GNU project in return, ordering a
Deluxe Distribution is a good way of doing it.  It is also a
convenient way of getting all the GNU software built for your machine.

Building a Deluxe Distribution does not include porting programs to a
platform that they do not support.  However, when we run across minor
portability problems and compilation errors for a platform that is
supposed to be supported, we generally fix them and produce a binary.

Because of the value received, the price paid for a Deluxe
Distribution is not tax-deductible as charitable contribution;
however, it will usually qualify as a business expense.

If you are interested in ordering a Deluxe Distribution, please
contact <address@hidden> or call the FSF Distribution office
at +1-617-542-5942 for more info.

                                    Brian Youmans
                                    FSF Office Staff

 Free Software Foundation     |  A 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit
 59 Temple Place, Suite 330   |  corporation; contributions
 Boston, MA 02111-1307  USA   |  are tax-deductible in the
                              |  USA.
 voice: +1-617-542-5942       |
 fax:   +1-617-542-2652       |  Support Project GNU...
 web:   http://www.gnu.org    |  GNU's Not Unix!