info-gnu

Web site translation manager needed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Web site translation manager needed
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:57:55 -0700 (MST)

[Please repost this as widely as possible, wherever appropriate]

The GNU Project is looking for a volunteer to take charge of
translation of our web pages.  If you are not a programmer, but have
good communication and English skills, this is a way you can make a
substantial contribution to GNU.

We hear from many volunteers offering to help by translating pages;
your job would be to respond to these volunteers, arrange for accounts
for them, help them form teams (one team per language) and choose team
leaders, and in overall enable their translations to get installed on
www.gnu.org.  You would work in cooperation with our regular
webmasters.  You don't have to write any translations, or know any
languages other than English, to do this job (though you are welcome
to help by writing translations too if you wish).

The work will probably take just a few hours a week, but it is an
important responsibility.  Please send me mail if you would like to
volunteer.