info-gnu

Needed: laptops with GNU/Linux

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Needed: laptops with GNU/Linux
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:16:58 -0700 (MST)

The FSF is looking for 3 laptops that can run the GNU/Linux system.
They don't have to be brand-new, and they don't all have to be
identical.

We need to use these machines without any non-free drivers, so it is
important that they be able to run GNU/Linux in this way, at least
well enough to make the machine usable.  It is ok if some of the
native I/O devices don't work, as long as we can work around the
problem.  For instance, if the sound output or IR interface does not
work, we can live without it.  If the built-in modem or network
interface does not work, we can still use the machine as long as we
can use a PCMCIA card instead.

If you would like to donate one or more laptops, please send me mail.