info-gnu-chess

address@hidden

From: Robson Correia
Subject: address@hidden
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 02:27:37 -0200

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to install gnu chess, but it is not working.
It stops with the following message:

address@hidden gnuchess-5.07]# ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
address@hidden gnuchess-5.07]#

I've been trying this with gcc-2.95, gcc-3.0, gnuchess-5.06, and have been
receiveing similar results.
I'm using as distro Conectiva8.

Attached is the config.log file.

Would appreciate if anybody could help me to figure out what is wrong.

Thanks a lot!

Robson.

Estadão - Internet com alta qualidade de conexão.
GANHE ACESSO GRATUITO à Internet do Estadão em
http://www.estadao.com.br/discador/