info-gnu-chess

Searching simple opensource chess program

From: Paul Pichota
Subject: Searching simple opensource chess program
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:30:48 +0100

Hi there!

For a university project I want to compare different algorithms (minimax, alpha-beta and some variants). So I am looking for rather simple and working opensource program where I can easily exchange the algorithms. I have already tried GNU Chess but the search routine is rather complex because of various prunings, heuristics etc.

Thank you,
Paul