info-gnu-chess

legal move options

From: Banerjee
Subject: legal move options
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello group,
My group has added extra code to enable standard text
input for moving pieces instead of mouse-clicks. But
here is the problem:
There are three different functions involved in
mouse-click as in xboard.c :
1)DragPieceBegin(int x, int y)
2)DragPieceMove(int x, int y)
3)DragPieceEnd(int x, int y)
We are trying to figure out a way to simulate the
functionalities of these functions, but we need to
figure out a way to get around the second function.
Also, the game will allow moves that are not legal,
but giving the "xncp" option should enable regular
chess game. Is there any other way to restrict moves
to legal only and let the games reject illegal moves?
Thanks
Jay