info-gnu-chess

3d chessboard representation?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: 3d chessboard representation?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:59:56 -0500

Hi -- GNU was recently offered the program CINAG (Chess Is Not A Game).
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/cinag
http://cinag.sf.net

I did a standard evaluation; the one feature that CINAG has that GNU
Chess does not, as far as I could see, is a fancy 3d shadowed
representation of the board.  rms asked me if you would be interested in
merging that into GNU Chess, so I'm asking.

You can see an example screenshot/image at
http://cinag.sourceforge.net/cinag-en/screenshots.shtml

(Personally I find the standard 2d-representation of xboard a lot easier
to read, but anyway ...)

Thanks,
karl

P.S. This has nothing to do with CINAG, but as long as I'm writing -- I
just read the new book Behind Deep Blue, by Feng-hsiung Hsu, and enjoyed
it very much ...