info-global

GLOBAL-5.8 released.

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: GLOBAL-5.8 released.
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 11:05:48 +0900

Hello hackers,

It is my great pleasure to announce the release of GLOBAL-5.8.

Getting release, I want to say my special thanks to Hideki IWAMOTO
who developed the wonderful built-in parser of gtags(1). Though it
should have been difficult work, he achieved it by his original idea
and high technology. New gtags(1) ends its work at the time of about 1/3.
I'm pleased with enjoying such great facility with all GLOBAL users.
Thak you Mr.IWAMOTO.

[CHANGES]
New facilities:
o gtags: Built-in parser by Hideki IWAMOTO.
  This improvement has shortened the processing time to about 1/3.
  Built-in parser is not effective by default in this version.
  To use built-in parser, please define 'use_builtin_parser' in your
  configuration file like follows:

        $ cp /usr/local/share/gtags/gtags.conf $HOME/.globalrc
        $ vi $HOME/.globalrc
        +------------------------------------
        |default:\
        |       :tc=gtags:tc=htags:use_builtin_parser:  <= ADD THIS

  In the near future, built-in parser will become effective by default.
o gtags.el: Single 'GTAGS SELECT MODE' buffer of gtags.el by Yushi Oka.
  If "gtags-select-buffer-single" is non-nil, then 'GTAGS SELECT MODE'
  buffer is kept single.
o gtags-cscope.vim: Plug-in script which integrates GLOBAL and vim editor
  using cscope interface. Since this script makes vim think GLOBAL is cscope,
  you can use the tag stack facility of vim like cscope. Gtags-cscope can
  coexist with gtags.vim.

[FIXED BUGS]
o gtags.el: the completion read in the gtags-find-file fails into endless
  loop when the input string is NULL.

[INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES]
o gtags(built-in parser): In the existing parser (gtags-parser), some symbols
  were stored in both GRTAGS and GSYMS. In the built-in parser, all the symbols
  defined in GTAGS have been moved from GSYMS to GRTAGS. New specification
  is more consistent, and useful for efficiency improvement. If you feel this
  a problem, please inform bug mailing list of your insistence.

You can download it from
http://www.gnu.org/software/global/download.html

Enjoy!
--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3