Re: [igraph] Remaining degree estimation

From: Fernando Barraza
Subject: Re: [igraph] Remaining degree estimation
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 18:21:35 -0500

Remaining degree is the number of edges leaving the vertex.

Also known as excess degree of a vertex is equal to the degree of that vertex minus one.

(see Noldus and Mieghem at https://www.nas.ewi.tudelft.nl/people/Piet/papers/JCN2015AssortativitySurveyRogier.pdf , page 2).

El jue., 8 ago. 2019 a las 11:02, Szabolcs Horvát (<address@hidden>) escribió:

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 17:37, Fernando Barraza <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear colleagues,

I was wondering if there is a method to estimate the pdf of the remaining degree of a graph. My first idea subtracts 1 to the degree for each vertex (in an unaddressed graph) and to use numpy to do the rest. I am using python igraph.

Can you explain what you mean by "remaining degree of a graph"?

Thanks in advance,

Fdo.