[igraph] Unwanted multiple edges between vertices

From: Ram MS
Subject: [igraph] Unwanted multiple edges between vertices
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:27:53 +0530

Hi,

I am creating an instance of igraph in Python and adding some vertices and edges using add_vertices and add_edges methods of the Graph object. All the vertices and edges are created in one go. I have a 'name' attribute on the vertices and a 'weight' attribute on the edges. Strangely, I am observing multiple edges added between some vertices with the same weight.

Currently I am calling graph.simplify() to remove the unwanted multiple edges after the graph is constructed. But I am wondering why it is creating multiple edges at all. Could someone help me see what might be going on?

Thanks,
Ram