Re: [igraph] [Igraph]:Help

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] [Igraph]:Help
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 22:15:30 +0200

> I want to compile and run the example " igraph_layout_reingold_tilford.c "
> using cygwin
> shell and the following command line: " gcc name_file.c
> -I/usr/local/include/igraph
> -L/usr/local/lib -ligraph -o name_file " .
> But this example contains the "math.h" library that is not located in the
> same directory
> as IGRAPH.
math.h is a standard C header file; there is no need to specify any specific
include path for it if your C compiler is installed correctly. For what it’s
worth, math.h should be in /usr/include within your Cygwin installation; e.g,
if you have installed Cygwin in C:\Cygwin, it should be in
C:\Cygwin\usr\include\math.h. For what it’s worth, this question is not
igraph-specific at all, so you may get more specific responses on the Cygwin
mailing lists.

> what should I select library file ( files with extension .a ).
You *may* have to specify “-lm” on the command line, although I’m not sure
whether that’s necessary with Cygwin’s C compiler -- some compilers link to the
math library automatically.

> The file "math.h" is located at: " C :/ Program files / CodeBlocks / MinGW /
> include " and
> " C :/ Program Files / CodeBlocks / MinGW / lib " is the path that contains
> the library files
> ( files with extension. a ).
That’s not Cygwin’s math.h; it belongs to the MinGW suite that ships with
CodeBlocks. It has nothing to do with Cygwin.