Re: [igraph] Community detection algorithm

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community detection algorithm
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:17:16 +0100

Hello,

I have this graph

IGRAPH UNWB 79186 13259012

and I would like to run a community detection algorithm on it, possibly
edge.betweenness.community().

I have 2.5 GhZ / 4 GB Memory laptop. I just wonder, is going to be a
matter of hours or days to run the function?
edge.betweenness.community() could even take years on this graph as you have >13 million edges and all the edge betweenness scores have to be recalculated after every edge removal. Try fastgreedy.community() or multilevel.community() instead - these should work on the graph that you have.

—