Re: [igraph] Extra vertex being read from edgelist

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Extra vertex being read from edgelist
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:35:23 +0100

Hi

igraph edgelist files use zero-based vertex indices, so your edgelist file contains 1134 vertices since the highest vertex ID in the file is 1133. Subtract 1 from every edge ID  in the file and you should be okay. (However, note that vertex indices in R start from 1, so if you have a vertex with ID=X in your file, this will be vertex X+1 in R).

In case you wonder why edgelist files are zero-based: this is for sake of compatibility with edgelist files created from the raw C API of igraph or from igraph’s Python interface because those are zero-based.