Re: [igraph] One-mode projection: Problem understanding increase of numb

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] One-mode projection: Problem understanding increase of number of edges
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 19:59:53 -0500

Hi, here is a simple example that helps understand it:

g <- graph.star(100, mode="undirected", center=1)
V(g)$type <- c(FALSE, rep(TRUE, 99))
bipartite.projection(g)

# $proj1
# IGRAPH U--B 1 0 -- Star
# + attr: name (g/c), mode (g/c), center (g/n), type (v/x)
#
# $proj2
# IGRAPH U-WB 99 4851 -- Star
# + attr: name (g/c), mode (g/c), center (g/n), type (v/x), weight (e/n)

Gabor