Re: [igraph] Igraph won't import on Python 3.3, OS X

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Igraph won't import on Python 3.3, OS X
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:12:41 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to help make an installer that we can make available for download for others - I'm sure I can manage the compilation myself. I'm afraid I don't know who's responsible for putting this on the iGraph website, though.
I can do that; I am the owner of the PyPI package of python-igraph (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-igraph) so I can put the installer there. There is a script named release-osx.sh in the interfaces/python subfolder of our Github repo that is responsible for creating the OS X installers for the Python interface of igraph so take a look at that one first:

https://github.com/igraph/igraph/tree/develop/interfaces/python/scripts/release-osx.sh

However, it needs a “fat binary” version of the C core of igraph (i.e. a library that includes the C core for both i386 and x86_64); there’s another script in tools/fatbuild.sh that compiles a fat binary version of the C library. I haven’t tried it on Mac OS X 10.9 yet, though, and I expect a few problems because clang replaced gcc in Mac OS X 10.9 and fatbuild.sh relies on gcc to do the compilation. Anyway, this is the script for creating the fat binary:

https://github.com/igraph/igraph/tree/develop/tools/fatbuild.sh

Cheers,
Tamas