Re: [igraph] pipi on mac cannot install igraph

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] pipi on mac cannot install igraph
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:03:23 -0500

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Sam Steingold <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> okay, so how do I use it from python?
> (sorry about being obtuse - I am very new to both mac and python, and,
> so far, I am not sure which one I hate more :-).

Start Python and type in

import igraph

? It can be actually tricky, because Python is included in OSX, but
people tend to install other/newer versions with all kind of package
managers like Macports, brew, fink, etc. But if you are using the
system python and installed the dmg, then it should work.

This might be useful, too:
http://hal.elte.hu/~nepusz/development/igraph/tutorial/tutorial.html

G.