Re: [igraph] Negative Values in PageRank

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Negative Values in PageRank
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 22:55:16 +0100

Hi,

> I'm running igraph extension for python. I have ran the pagerank fundtion for
> a large graph, containing ~500,000 nodes and more than million edges.
> Some of the values I got as the page rank result are negative. How is this
> possible?

Most likely there’s some kind of a convergence problem within ARPACK (the
eigensolver that is used to calculate the PageRank values). If your graph
consists of multiple components, try breaking it down into individual connected
components using the decompose() method and then calculate the PageRank scores
individually.

All the best,