Re: [igraph] Python3 igraph import error on Cygwin

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Python3 igraph import error on Cygwin
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:29:15 +0200

Hi,

Oh, hang on, I think I *may* figured it out. On Linux and Mac OS X, the names
of "hidden" files (i.e. configuration files and whatnot that should not be seen
by the user with an ordinary "ls" command) start with a dot. I vaguely remember
that Cygwin fakes this by using an underscore as the first character of the
filename and translating it to a dot on-the-fly so the software running
"inside" Cygwin sees the dot while the real filename starts with an underscore.
I'm not sure because it's been a while since I used Cygwin for the last time,
but it seems like this is the reason why a file named _igraph.py on the disk is
not seen by Python (because Python would see it as ".igraph.py"). Can you try
the following?

1. Rename _igraph.py to, say, igraph_core.py
2. Similarly, rename _igraph.cpython-32m.dll to igraph_core.cpython-32m.dll
3. Update the DLL filename in the __bootstrap__ function of igraph_core.py
4. Update __init__.py to use "from igraph.igraph_core import *" instead of
"from igraph._igraph import *"

You may also have to replace "igraph._igraph" with "igraph.igraph_core" in
other places in the library such as clustering.py, drawing/graph.py,
matching.py and statistics.py.

--
Tamas