Re: [igraph] rewire till assortivity.degree reaches certain value.

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] rewire till assortivity.degree reaches certain value.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:16:14 +0200

> i want to do degree preserving rewire till degree
> correlation(assortivity.degree) reaches certain value.
> Should i keep doing this in a loop,chehcking everytime assortivity.degree
> value or is there any better way?
Just use a loop -- I am not aware of any better way, at least not in igraph. I
would probably also perform rewire() with a high number of iterations between
consecutive checks of assortativity.degree, because rewiring is quite an
expensive operation with igraph's current data structures. Based on the
difference between the _current_ value of assortativity.degree and the desired
one, you can also "guesstimate" the number of iterations to make things faster.

> Also,is there any IRC channel for igraph?
No, there isn't.

Best,
Tamas