[igraph] Questions about walktrap.community

From: Wang, Jing
Subject: [igraph] Questions about walktrap.community
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:35:42 -0500

Dear igraph developer,

I have two questions about walktrap.community. The first question is whether there is a method to change the result of walktrap.community to a "hclust" class. The second question is where I can get the random walker adjcent matrix used in the walktrap.community. If I must calculate this matrix myself, could you please help me to make sure the following algorithm:
1. Calculate the transition probability from vertex i to vertext j by Pij=Aij/d(i) and generate a transition matrix M;
2. Calculate the probability of going from i to j through a random walk of length t (e.g. t=3) by M%*%M%*%M;
3. Using the Definition 1 in paper "Computing communities in large networks using random walks" to get the distance between two vertex.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Jing Wang