[igraph] as.numeric ( edge sequence )

From: Yulia Matveyeva
Subject: [igraph] as.numeric ( edge sequence )
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:15:14 +0400

Dear igraph-community,

 If es  is an edge sequence,
can I be sure that as.numeric(es) will always give me the ids of edges under
consideration.

So if I have

> es
Edge sequence:

[0] 1 -- 0
[2] 3 -- 0
[3] 4 -- 3
[4] 5 -- 4
[5] 7 -- 4
[6] 6 -- 4

> as.numeric(es)
[1] 0 2 3 4 5 6

Can I be sure that this behaviour will always be the same ?

The thing is that I would like to sort an edge sequence by the weights of the
edges.
edges <- get.edges(mst1, E(mst1)[as.numeric(es)[order(es$weight, decreasing =
T)]])
Is this a good (reliable) method to do this ?

Thank you very much in adbance. I would greatly appreciate your answers.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yulia Matveyeva,