Re: [igraph] iGraph plot - labels text-searchable?

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] iGraph plot - labels text-searchable?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 23:59:25 +0200

Hi Chris,

You haven't mentioned whether you are using igraph from R or Python. Both can
plot to PDFs, and the labels in the PDF files plotted from Python seem to be
searchable for me (haven't checked R). The search is not perfect, though; I
plotted a geometric random graph with 100 vertices and numeric labels from zero
to 99, and when I was searching for "42", the PDF viewer (Preview on OS X)
correctly highlighted the label of node 42, but it also highlighted nodes 14
and 26 because 14 was slightly left of 26 and the last digit of 14 and the
first digit of 26 were mistaken for 42 as well. So, it seems to be working to
some extent, but I'm not sure whether other PDF viewers also support it or not.