Re: [igraph] Assigning different colours to different links/edges in Pyt

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Assigning different colours to different links/edges in Python
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:14:06 +0200

Hi,

You can change the colors of the edges by assigning a value to the "color"
attribute of the edges. E.g.:

# Make all the edges black
g.es["color"] = "black"
# Make the color of edge with ID=1 red
g.es[1]["color"] = "red"

Alternatively, you can construct a colors list in advance where element i
specifies the color of edge i, and then assign this list to g.es["color"]

colors = ["red", "green", "black", ...]
g.es["color"] = colors

Of course you'll also have to find 50 different colors if you want to show 50
edge communities. The list of known color names is to be found in the
"known_colors" dictionary:

from igraph import known_colors
print known_colors.keys()

You can also specify other colors using standard HTML notation; for instance,
"#ff8800".