Re: [igraph] about igraph_vs_t data type

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] about igraph_vs_t data type
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 09:34:14 -0400

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Yi Cao <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>      I am a little confused about the igraph_vs_t object.  I found that the
> function igraph_neighbour_size had a argument of igraph_vs_t object which
> were used to specify the vertices to be calculated. But what is exactly the
> igraph_vs_t object?  is igraph_vs_t *vs a pointer to a array-like object
> which are used to store the vetex id to be calculated?

please check it in the source code at Launchpad:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~igraph/igraph/0.6-main/view/head:/include/igraph_iterators.h

Or just download the igraph source code and check it there.

But you don't actually need to know what this object is internally,
just use the functions that create these objects for you.

> And by the way, I
> want to calculate the degree of vertices, which one is better, the
> igraph_degree( ) or igraph_neighbour_size( ) ? Anyone got some ideas?  Thank
> you in advance.

First, if you want to calculate the degree, then why not just using
the function that is actually called 'degree'? Second, if you think
igraph_neighbor_size() is faster, then why don't you just check it
whether it is faster?

Gabor