Re: [igraph] igraph make file

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph make file
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:07:44 +0100

> i was upgrading igraph python module to 0.5.4.
>
> now i get:
> [...]
> ImportError:
> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python_igraph-0.5.4-py2.6-linux-i686.egg/igraph/core.so:
> undefined symbol: igraph_layout_star
>
> I assumed that it was a mismatch with igraph library itself.
Most likely it is. You cannot use the 0.5.4 Python module with the C core from
0.5.3 -- the Python module is looking for a function called igraph_layout_star,
which has been added in 0.5.4 only.

> so i downloaded igraph, but it doesnt yield a make file.
I think you have downloaded the source code of the R interface, not the C core.
The C core definitely has a makefile after you run ./configure.

--
Tamas