Re: [igraph] returning a graph object

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] returning a graph object
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:00:25 +0000

Hi Marco,

Since I don't know what's in your evolve() function, I came up with a very simple sketch and it works for me:

#!/usr/bin/env python
from igraph import *
import random

def evolve(graph):
    graph.delete_edges(random.randint(0, g.ecount()-1))
    return graph

g = Graph.Full(100)
while g.ecount():
    g = evolve(g)
    print g.ecount()

So whatever is causing problems for you, it must be something that's in your evolve() function. Either please send me the full source code of evolve() or try to eliminate some parts of evolve() iteratively until you no longer experience the problem - the statements that you erased for the last time is most likely the cause of the problem.