Re: [igraph] graph.cohesion/vertex.connectivity request and suggestion

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] graph.cohesion/vertex.connectivity request and suggestion
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:47:46 +0200

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 10:39:04AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Gabor Csardi csardi-at-rmki.kfki.hu |
> igraph-help| wrote:
>
> >I'm also planning to implement the while methodology written in
> >Structural Cohesion and Embeddedness: A Hierarchical Concept of Social
> >Groups by Moody and White.
>

> Funny, that's exactly the project I'm just finishing up. It's written
> completely in R but does a good job. The only real hangup right now
> is that finding all the min cutsets is a bit slow, but it's not so
> bad. It has a minor improvement over Moody and White's algorithm by
> using the min-degree theorem I mentioned above to trim down the graph
> at each nested step — this makes a huge difference for large graphs.
>
> I'd be happy to clean it up a bit make it available if you're
> interested. Just let me know.

Peter,

of course i'm interested. Cleaned or uncleaned. :)

I would put it in the next release, until i rewrite some routines in C
(may take some time). If you don't mind giving away your code under GPL,
and the risk that i'll soil your clean code. :)
Of course you'll get the credit for it.

Btw. the max-flow min-cut algorithms were put in igraph in order
to implement Moody-White algorithm.

Gabor