Re: [igraph] problem reading .net file

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] problem reading .net file
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:15:07 +0200

Simone,

thanks for reporting this, it is actually a bug.

To correct it you can modify line 1940 in src/foreign-pajek-parser.c
from
    { igraph_pajek_directed=0; }
    { igraph_pajek_directed=1; }

I can send you a corrected R package (source or binary) if you
don't build R from source or don't know how to do the change above.

Another (dirty) workaround would be
g[[2]] <- TRUE
after reading the graph from the file. I think this works for the
0.3.3 version, it definitely won't work from 0.4. I've tried for the
.net file you've sent, it works for that. But this is a very dirty
thing since it assumes that igraph stores the edges in exactly the
same order as in the .net file.

Thanks,
Gabor

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 06:50:52PM +0200, Simone Gabbriellini wrote:
> btw, can you tell me also why, after importing the net file, I have:
>
> > is.directed(g)
> [1] FALSE
>
> while the .net file represent a directed graph?
>
> sorry to trouble you with this silly questions, but I would like to
> learn igraph, cause it seems the smartest way to use R for quite
> medium network (I am studying an online community made by 800 nodes)..
>
> thank you,
> Simone

[...]

--