hyperbole-users

hyperbole does not detect I’m on a mac

From: alan . schmitt
Subject: hyperbole does not detect I’m on a mac
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:29:40 +0100

Hello,

I’m new to hyperbole, so don’t hesitate to tell me if I should be asking
this somewhere else.

When I press M-ret on a path to a pdf, hyperbole offers to run "setsid
-w xdg-open", which I don’t have installed as I’m on a mac. Looking at
hpath:get-external-display-alist, I see that my window system, which is
"mac", is not in the first conditional. Is this a bug?

Is there a way to configure M-ret to open the file in dired instead?

I’m using hyperbole "8.0.1pre".

Alan