hyperbole-users

Re: Creating many explicit buttons (each pointing to a file)

From: LdBeth
Subject: Re: Creating many explicit buttons (each pointing to a file)
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2023 21:48:58 -0500

There a various approaches I can think of.

Check the .hypb file which contains the button data, it is easy to guess
the format and programmically generate many buttons.

OR

> (also, I could not make hyperbole to recognize a local variable in an
> org-mode file)

Use the standard Emacs buffer local variable format

;;; Local Variables: ***
;;; mode:lisp ***
;;; comment-column:0 ***
;;; comment-start: ";;; "  ***
;;; comment-end:"***" ***
;;; End: ***

LdBeth

Alexis> [1  <multipart/mixed (7bit)>]
Alexis> [1.1  <text/plain; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Alexis> Hi,

Alexis> I'm trying to integrate Hyperbole in my workflow. After
Alexis> watching RWS's videos, it does look like a powerful tool.

Alexis> However, I could not figure out how to make efficiently many explicit
buttons, each pointing to a file. In org-mode, it's rather easy to convert the
output of "ls" into as many links.

Alexis> In hyperbole:

Alexis> - dragging for a dired buffer does not seem to work on my
Alexis>   setup, it does not work (no mouse support + Doom emacs)
Alexis> - creating a link manually is too tedious to do it 20 times
Alexis> - implicit links works but there are quite ugly for long paths.
Alexis> - using a variable to shorten the path is a workaround but I
Alexis>   would prefer an explicit button (also, I could not make
Alexis>   hyperbole to recognize a local variable in an org-mode file)

Alexis> Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks !