hyperbole-users

Re: Hyperbole for UUID

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: Hyperbole for UUID
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 14:53:11 +0200

Hi Jean,

> Jean Louis writes:
> I would like to have Hyperbole acting on UUIDs. Best would be to have
> implicit button, and I found way to do it.
[...]
> Hyperbole makes the UUID generally accessible in any text.

Yes. UUIDs are easy to identify in any text and are good candidates for an
implicit button. To make use of them you need to do something like you have
done by putting a meaning to them in your environment. Not sure if it makes
sense to put some extra support for that in Hyperbole since you need to be on
the elisp level to use that anyway, but interesting. Thanks for sharing.

> How to make defil for UUID?

defil needs a start and stop pattern so could look something like this:

    (defil link-to-uuid "((uuid:" "))" ".*" #'my-do-something-with-uuid)

Using "((uuid:" as start pattern and using a function as LINK-EXPR that will
get the uuid to work with. So a link could look like this:

    ((uuid:850df3e0-91be-4871-b8ef-b9e62be4c843))

> I also wish to have hyperlink flashing or highlighting, how to do that?

Hmm... that is strange. Implicit buttons defined by a defib should flash I
think. What are your settings for hproperty:but-flash-time-seconds and
hproperty:flash-face?

Yours
--
%% Mats