hyperbole-users

Re: Bug request: no option to use eww as default browser when going thro

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: Bug request: no option to use eww as default browser when going through hyperbole menu C-h h f w and selecting a search engine
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 09:36:07 +0200

Hi JCR,

Sorry for late reply. Thanks for the report.

> 王江凯 JCRoinne writes:
> Dear Hyperbole curator,
>
> Disclaimer: first time I do a bug request, so please pardon me if the style
> is not really to the point !

No problem. You can use bug-hyperbole@gnu.org for bug reports but any report is
fine.

> I have setup eww as the default browse-url-browser-function , thus the Action
> Button of Hyperbole works well in any buffer.
>
> Except the Hyperbole menu buffer: I went through the manual, and looking at
> the function browse-url-default-browser , it seems there is no possibility
> to setup EWW for this function if there is a XDG-OPEN valid browser, here the
> code from browse-url.el.gz lines 906 to 950:

You should be able to separately setup what browse function to use for the web
searches by setting 'hyperbole-web-search-browser-function' to ‘eww-browse-url’.

It is supposed to be customizable but it looks like there is something wrong
there as it is setup to be customized as a boolean(!?) value. Don't know why
and would have to look into that. But just setting it directly should work for
you for now.

    (setq hyperbole-web-search-browser-function #'eww-browse-url)

Yours
--
%% Mats