hyperbole-users

Re: Hyperbole Talk Video cut into sections for topic-base viewing

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Hyperbole Talk Video cut into sections for topic-base viewing
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:04:22 +0300

* Robert Weiner <rsw@gnu.org> [2021-03-29 05:14]:
> I have just released a video of a talk I gave last year but carved up into
> short sections on each topic that you can jump to by clicking 'SHOW MORE'
> in the description.  Have a look.
>
> View it here:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKwZHSbHmPg

Thank you. That is nice, but not as accessible for everybody. Possible
problems is with running proprietary Javascript, and censorships of
websites in various countries. YouTube was censored in country where I
am located for months. Then it requires me to use VPN or proxy or
similar, which is then also somehow censored in network.

Consider also publishing on video systems like https://open.tube

But I can download that video from
https://www.youtubepp.com/watch?v=WKwZHSbHmPg -- see "pp" in the
domain name -- but it appears very large.

Bash function to convert video to webm which will reduce its size:

function video2webm () {
    bitrate=$1;
    shift;
    for file in "$@";
    do out=${file%.*}.webm;
       ffmpeg -y -i "$file" -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v $bitrate -pass 1 -speed 4 -c:a
libopus -f webm /dev/null -async 1 -vsync passthrough && \
           ffmpeg -i "$file" -c:v libvpx-vp9 -b:v $bitrate -pass 2 -speed 1
-c:a libopus "$out" -async 1 -vsync passthrough;
    done;
}

You run as: video2webm 300k video.mp4

Bitrate decides upon it, like 300k bitrate or 500k bitrate.

By the way, you can prepare video for Internet and always host it
yourself, or on GNU servers, including in the repository of Hyperbole,
right?

--
Thanks,
Jean Louis