hyperbole-users

Re: Tried to package-install-file, but ails

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: Tried to package-install-file, but ails
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 22:03:42 +0100

Hi Jean,

> Jean Louis writes:
> I have tried to:
>
> {M-x package-install-file RET hyperbole-master.tar RET} but it fails
> with:
>
> package--description-file: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> What is preferred method to install package from latest snapshot?

For my development work I do this:

  - clone the git repo so I have it here: "~/src/hyperbole"
  - in the hyperbole folder I run "make bin" which will create elc files and
  - in my "~/.emacs" I have this:

        (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/hyperbole"))
        (load "hyperbole-autoloads")
        (load "hversion")
        (load "hyperbole")

There might be other leaner ways to get the latest snapshot but I have not
tried them out.

Yours
--
%% Mats