hyperbole-users

Re: [Hyperbole-users] When Hyperbole is loading it loads org settings

From: Niall Dooley
Subject: Re: [Hyperbole-users] When Hyperbole is loading it loads org settings
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 08:48:19 +0000

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 at 23:26, Robert Weiner <address@hidden> wrote:

> It’s probably the hsys-org.el code doing a require of org-mode, to extend it
> with implicit buttons.  We could probably change this to autoload whenever
> org-mode is loaded.
>
> -- Bob

I suspect you are right. I misspoke before when I said org was not loaded. I
was misled by what I was seeing in the *Messages* buffer. If I evaluate the
following I get `t':

(featurep 'org)

I'm not an expert in elisp or programming in general as I'm still very much
learning the basic principles but I should think if the loading of org could
be delayed until it is explicitly required it would be welcomed by Hyperbole
users who are not also org users. I use org and have only recently discovered
Hyperbole so it is not a real issue for me though my current configuration
preference is to have Hyperbole available at startup and not org. I believe
either an autoload or eval-after-load in hsys-org.el could achieve this.

Niall