hyperbole-users

[Hyperbole-users] When Hyperbole is loading it loads org settings

From: Niall Dooley
Subject: [Hyperbole-users] When Hyperbole is loading it loads org settings
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 19:57:53 +0000

I presume this is a bug in my configuration rather than in Hyperbole. Hence,
why I'm writing to this list first.

As a preface to my query I use initsplit [0] to split out org customise
settings from all other customise settings into an org-settings.el file. All
other customise settings are set in a settings.el file in a effort to keep my
init file organised. At startup, nominally only the settings.el file is
loaded. The org-settings.el file is only loaded when org-mode is first loaded.
It is not loaded at startup but only when I first visit an org file. I also do
not use the built-in org-mode but rather the latest version available from the
upstream org-plus-contrib repository.

I load Hyperbole at startup or rather the first time there is inactivity in my
session of at least 10 seconds. I achieve this through the use-package :defer
keyword.

Now, if I start emacs and do nothing I see the following in my *Messages*
buffer.

Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
Initializing Hyperbole...done
Hyperbole 7.0.2 is ready for action

You can see during the loading of Hyperbole it loads the org-settings.el file.
But org-mode is not loaded at this point. Now the only settings in
org-settings.el are org related settings and none for any other package.

Niall

[0] https://github.com/dabrahams/initsplit