heroes-discuss

Re: [Heroes] Heroes mailing lists

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:03:25 +0100

Hi Ingo,

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:53:19 +0100, Ingo van Lil wrote:
> I'm sorry to say it, but I don't see any point in keeping the Heroes
> mailing lists up and running. The amount of requests I'm getting from
> the administrative interface for all four lists has gone up to about 100
> per day recently, and those mails have long ago grown much more annoying
> than any "real" spam I'm getting. Given the facts that I hardly ever
> find the time to actually scan through the culminated amounts of spam,
> and that there is virtually no on-topic traffic (and if there was it'd
> be very likely to escape my eyes and be deleted) I suggest shutting the
> down the lists. In any case I'm gonna unsubscribe myself in a few days.

If your main worry is the moderation work, switching the lists to a
subscriber-only mode would do the trick.

That being said, I agree that the lists haven't been really used in the
past few years, so I have no objection to putting them to sleep. Don't
forget to remove the references to the list addresses from the Heroes
web pages if you do.

As for me, I wouldn't have the time to deal with the posts if there
were, so I might as well unsubscribe now.

--
Jean Delvare