help-zile

[zile-devel] TERM=cygwin support

From: Miguel
Subject: [zile-devel] TERM=cygwin support
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 20:44:53 -0500 (EST)

Feature request
---------------

allow 'cygwin' as an alias for 'ansi' in the TERM type in order to make
things easier for cygwin/Windows.

Detail
------

The default TERM type provided by cygwin under Windows is 'cygwin'
I have just started using zile 2.2.37 on OpenWrt.

zile does not recognize the term type 'cygwin'.

A little googling shows that 'cygwin' follows the same protocol as 'ansi',
so if I 'set TERM=ansi' then zile seems to run fine.

I would like to suggest that you allow 'cygwin' to be an alias for the
'ansi' TERM type.

*** 30 minutes later ***

Well, I have spent some time searching cygwin.com but not been able to
confirm that cygwin==ansi

I found a few more random references on the web where people recommend
setting TERM=ansi in order to work around problems, but nothing official.

Miguel