Re: @defun and @defvr in the "same" block?

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: @defun and @defvr in the "same" block?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 16:47:08 -0800

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 1:56 PM Gavin Smith <gavinsmith0123@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 07:21:05AM -0800, Raymond Toy wrote:
> Oh, and for the record, look at
> https://cmucl.common-lisp.dev/doc/encycmuclopedia/devenv/cim.ps for the
> original Scribe version.  Look at the bottom of page 7.
>
> For the conversion, see the bottom of page 6 of
> https://cmucl.common-lisp.dev/docs/hem/cim/cim.pdf
>
> just so the various bits are in the correct index.

Interesting to see the Scribe document - I don't think I've seen one
before.

I've only ever seen 2 such docs.  I googled all over to find any kind of description of Scribe but failed.  Fortunately, there was the source doc along with the PS file, so I just kind of reverse-engineered what Scribe did to find a Texinfo equivalent.  The languages are surprisingly similar.

I think that @deffn and @defvrx etc. could be mixed, although
the @def* commands have long been an area where changes could be
made to be more general.  See the TODO file in the git repository.
If we had some way of explicitly specifying the index that a @def*
command would use, then this would solve this problem.

--
Ray