Re: Problem with heading appearing on new chapter page

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Problem with heading appearing on new chapter page
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 17:59:17 +0100

> > I guess it is not really necessary to have the document title on every
> > odd page as people tend to know what book you are reading.  I think I
> > agree with your suggestion but I would be interested to hear if other
> > people have thoughts on it too.
>
> Well, I was thinking about removing @thistitle ONLY from new chapter
> pages, but since you proposed removing it completely, I can support
> that.  Maybe temporary you could do the former, with the same method
> as for @thischapterheading.  Then we would wait for other opinions.

I didn't propose removing it completely.  It seems to make sense to have
something there, if only to fill a space and to avoid repeating the
chapter title.

I miswrote "every odd page"; it is actually the even pages the document
title appears on.  (I only realised this after I went and looked at some
books and found that many of them put the book title on the even pages.)