Re: No table of contents in split HTML output

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: No table of contents in split HTML output
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 09:49:41 +0900

Apologies.

The behavior is only seen in the Elisp Reference.

The split Emacs Manual has Contents that points at
emacs.html/index.html#SEC_Contents

and Index that points at
emacs.html/Key-Index.html#Key-Index

And both files exist.

So, maybe there is a naming conflict in the Elisp generation process where
index.html#SEC_Contents is later overwritten by index.html#Index and since the
html file exists (even if not the node name), the browser just points at it
without generating an error.

JC

> On Dec 26, 2019, at 23:26, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I guess it's a bug but I'd like confirmation...
>
> When I create a split HTML version of the gnu manuals (currently working on
> improving their CSS) I get the following behavior:
>
> The [Contents] and [Index] links respectively point at:
>
> elisp.html.html/index.html#SEC_Contents
>
> and
>
> elisp.html.html/index.html#Index
>
> But index.html does not have a SEC_Contents section...
>
> That section is present when creating an unsplit HTML document, though...
>
> Can anybody confirm that it's not only my machine/configuration ?
>

> Jean-Christophe Helary
> http://mac4translators.blogspot.com @brandelune

Jean-Christophe Helary