Re: [help-texinfo] Cross-references text localization with makeinfo

From: Rafael Fontenelle
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Cross-references text localization with makeinfo
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 15:16:07 -0300

Hi Gavin,

Em seg, 14 de out de 2019 às 13:01, Gavin Smith
<address@hidden> escreveu:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 10:27:35AM -0300, Rafael Fontenelle wrote:
> >
> > So, my questions: Does makeinfo localize the text of the
> > cross-reference to my language? If it should and is not working, what
> > should double-check for the culprit?
>
> It should do.  Have you got a line "@documentlanguage pt_BR" in the
> file?

That's it. Sorry for the noise. It seems a typical case of read the
find manual, as it is written in texinfo Info file. Sadly I figured
this out only between sending my e-mail and your reply, after months
looking around for it.

For the record, it seems that the GNU Guix translator, when
translating the guix-manual Gettext PO file, has to translate the
msgid "@documentencoding UTF-8" by appending "@documentlanguage <lang
code>" (pt_BR, in my case) to its content. I think this information
not documented -- at least I didn't find it --, but I take this issue
to the devs in there.

Thanks you for the reply!

Rafael Fontenelle