[help-texinfo] Installing "GNU Texinfo" Software Suite

From: Tyler \"TurtleShroom\" Jones
Subject: [help-texinfo] Installing "GNU Texinfo" Software Suite
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 18:58:12 +0000 (UTC)

Good afternoon.

I have downloaded the latest release of your software program, but am
experiencing issues. Most of the files in the package have no file extensions,
and I can see no GUI rendition for its installation. There are no installation
executables and nothing that I can really discern. Many of the files without
extensions open in Notepad Plus Plus, but that is of no use to me.

One of my favorite video games, called "Crusader Kings II", released two files
with the ".INFO" file extension.
I collect file extension registration entries and programs (and I sometimes try
and make my own for fun's sake), especially those involving the ".HLP"
extension, and now my collection has come to the GNU Texinfo software suite.

I simply have no idea to install this thing. Am I even downloading the right
".TARGZ" compressed folder? (I got it at http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/ , but
it seems to be the source code, and not the actual program.)

I'm sorry for bugging you with such a laughable and ignorant question, but I'm
really curious about checking out and creating ".INFO" files under your
protocol, as opposed to simply viewing them in Notepad Plus Plus. My specialty
in computing is strictly in the affairs of hardware and working with my hands.
I can't code my way out of a paper bag.

Thank you for your cooperation.
-TURTLESHROOM

------