[help-texinfo] installation of images with info files

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [help-texinfo] installation of images with info files
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:36:41 -0700

Supposed my Kawa manual uses a picture pic1.png.

The texinfo manual says:

   If you want to install image files for use by Info readers too, we
   recommend putting them in a subdirectory like 'FOO-figures' for a
   package FOO.  Copying the files into '$(infodir)/FOO-figures/' should be
   done in your 'Makefile'.

This only discusses installation, but it seems to imply that the
texinfo source use:

  @image{kawa-figures/pic1}

which means this effects non-Info output as well.

Or does makeinfo automatically search the FOO-figures directory
- or is there a recommended command-line option to search Foo-figures?
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/